Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Book

I'd like to make the book project a documentation of my daily life, of what I did and how I felt. So I took pictures of my outfits folded into different gestures and rearranged these photos along with two sentences from our daily conversation:
- How are you? 
- I'm fine.
They are probably the most commonly used greeting in our life, but the inspiration was originally from a 1995 movie named Love Letter directed by Shunji Iwai. My concept was to address the impact of past, so I integrated pieces of handwritten diary with coffee stains and used digitally-made notepad paper as the background. For the final presentation, instead of binding them into a book, I'm thinking of stringing each page and hanging them from the ceiling.

Some prototype pages (trying out an old wall as background):
7.9 Sample Page 1

7.9 Sample Page 2
Revised page details for final presentation: 
Each page is double-sided and consists of the same photos and diary page. I played with a variety of rotation choices to make each back page similar, but not exactly the same as the front page.
7.12 Page 1 front

7.12 Page 1 back

7.12 Page 2 front

7.12 Page 2 back

7.12 Page 5 front

7.12 Page 5 back
Setup:
7.15 Front

7.15 Back

No comments:

Post a Comment